Knitn Fool

It's all knitting.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Stitches East


Stitches East was held in my backyard a couple of weeks ago. I'm finally getting around to posting about it. I only went for one day and found out about it too late to get any classes, but the marketplace was awesome!! Yarn everywhere! Here is some of my treasure..

Noro for half price.

Alpaca to make winter scarves for the girls.

Wool and silk blends

Gorgeous Manos

While wandering after lunch, look who I spotted..the queen of the ballband! And she was wearing the (in)famous raspy. Did I behave and leave the woman her privacy? Of course not! I acted as any self-respecting knitting groupie would do. "Kay?? Oh, I love your book!" Luckily my friend was not so star-struck and coherently discussed the Chihuly exhibit with Kay.

Although we couldn't get any classes, we did attend a "market session" - a one-hour class right on the floor of the the marketplace. We attended the "carrying colors belt" class. Great class, great teacher. And... here's what we received to take home

I think the yarn and needles were worth more than the cost of the class.

All in all, a most excellent day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

I sooo wanted to make it to Maryland for Stitches but I've not recovered from Rhinebeck. I've completed 2 projects out of 6 so far. Oh, well, till next year then.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Your bounty is wonderful! How on earth was your Christmas since you had such a GREAT early Christmas then!

6:54 PM  
Blogger HDW said...

It looks positively yummy!! Squeezably soft delish colors!!!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home