Knitn Fool

It's all knitting.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dishcloth Belts

Not a dishcloth today!



Here are some belts make with SnC cotton. The ecru belt was made for my daughter. When my friend saw me working on it at the beach, she asked me to make her one in white with the pattern that I was using to make an eyeglass cloth. These are great travel projects to do while waiting in doctors' offices, for kids or husbands, in public, etc. I worked on one of them at a baseball game and at an outdoor movie.

Details -

Ecru belt - SnC Ecru on size 7 needles. Seed stitch. CO odd number. Work each row K1,P1,K1 across.

White belt - SnC White on size 7 needles. Pattern adapted from Perpetual Stitch Calendar.
Row 1 - K2,K1,P4,K2
Row 2 - K2,K3,P2,K2
Row 3 - K2,K3,P2,K2
Row 4 - K2,K1,P4,K2
Row 5 - K across
Row 6 - K across

Simple mindless knitting that is easily carried wherever you go.

Buckles can be simple D rings (from Joanns, Michaels, etc.). I went online and purchased some buckles from M&J Trimming and JCaroline Creative.

1 Comments:

Blogger hakucho said...

These belts are beautiful! Reminds me of the belt my Dad macrame knotted when he was aboard ship in his Navy days. Another for my to-do list.
Must get back to work.....

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home