Knitn Fool

It's all knitting.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

August Dishcloth KAL


I'm finally posting my FO from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL for August. The cloth is superimposed on a photo of the Corolla Lighthouse on the northern Outer Banks. I'm learning how to play with PhotoShop and it's fun to play with these pictures. Can you find my ever-present mistake in the cloth?

There was much discussion about this cloth as we were knitting it - what is it? It was knit upside down, so it looked at first like a spider or other bug. Andi, our fearless leader, told us to use any solid color yarn, but made one comment just before we started that light blue would be a good color. As I was knitting it, I thought it was going to be a crab - a Chesapeake blue crab. Andi is from Maryland and only made the blue reference once, so I thought it was a hint. Oh well, wrong again!

I used size 7 needles and Bernat Handicrafter cotton - Blue Haze.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

That is a striking composition you did! It should be the cover of a book idea on dishcloths. You should do one, I'll be your agent!You'll be rich and famous I'm sure. Seriously, look what Mason Dixon did for those two companies that put out the cotton dishcloth yarn!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home