Knitn Fool

It's all knitting.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Putting the Petal to the Metal

Something different for me.



This was fun to knit, and pretty easy. Of course I miscounted the first time I tried it and had to frog it when it was more than half way finished. It looked more like a zig-zag than a circle (I had miscounted in more than one spot!) It is knit in wedges with short rows and all garter stitch with a slipped stitch and a yarn over in every other row. There were no DPNs required. Good thing - I'm not ready for that yet. I used S'nC ed. Over the Rainbow on #7 (metal) needles. The pattern is called Petal and can be found here. There are eyelets in each wedge but you can't see them in the picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

I love that pattern! I used leftover Cotton Twist and made a dark green one for myself and a amber gold one for my neighbor and we use them for "modern doilies". I had intended to use mine for a dishcloth and could not bear to get it wet! I have looked at many of the free circular dishcloth patterns and think this one the best. I will photo it sometime and post it to my blog.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah O G said...

Did you realize that the post after this one has a firework as the last pic, so you see this cloth with the firework and they look very similar. Kinda cool, I do think.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home