Knitn Fool

It's all knitting.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A 12-Pack With Zero Calories

Like all knitters, I am a yarn junkie - just can't get enough. Because I am currently addicted to knitting dishcloths, I am also addicted to cotton yarn. And because I love the Mason Dixon book so much and their many projects, I have a craving for Peaches & Creme. In my neck of the woods, the only place to buy P&C is the dreaded Wally World. And even though WW carries P&C, they have a very limited supply. Now one way around this dilema is to order directly from Elmore Pisgah, but... You must order at least 6 balls of any color, something I did not want to do. So I was delighted to find out that I could call Elmore Pisgah and order something called the "Mason Dixon 12-Pack." It's 12 balls of assorted colors that can be used to make coordinating ballbands.



The colors are -
1 White
11 Sunburst
19 Peacock
51 Apple Green
55 Light Green
133 Shaded Denim
139 Teal Ombre
165 Daisy Ombre
171 Pink Lemonade
175 Fiesta Ombre
181 Faded Denim
186 Lemon Lime

You may be able to specify which colors you want in your 12-pack. This comment was on my invoice - "This is the standard kit. We have had individuals request special colors and we try to honor their requests."

The cost is $18.00, plus shipping. Shipping to Maryland was $6. So my 12-pack cost $2 per ball - more expensive than Wally World, but I received such yummy colors. And I received my order within 3 days. What a fix!

4 Comments:

Blogger Serendipity said...

Love it! I think I am going to order some too. thanks for the link. I am a new knitter, but loving it now that I can more or less have uniform stitches.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

What a great idea! thanks for the tip. Maybe when I am sure that my boyfriend won't stroke out, I'll order a box of this yummy cotton ...

I love your patriotic dishcloth, I also have a "thing" for the 4th of July and all things red, white and blue.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Oooh! The Mason Dixon 12 pack! Who knew?! And I'm in MD, too, so now I know exactly what my shipping will be. Thanks!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Wow! I like the colors. Thank you Kathy for telling me about the Mason*Dixon 12 Pack. I would have continued to think I would have to order in packages of 6.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home