Knitn Fool

It's all knitting.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

To Block Or Not To Block?

I never thought I would block a dishcloth. Why bother, right? It's just going to get wet and wash dishes, wipe counters, clean up spills, etc. But when I was finished the September mid-month Dishcloth KAL, it was so lumpy! It looked like large bubble wrap on the back. I tried to get a picture of it, but you couldn't see how mogul-looking it was.

So I blocked it - sort of. I just wet it and shaped it (no pins) and let it dry. Gigantic improvement! Here it is in all its blocked glory -



Haven't blogged much lately, but have been knitting. Have also been taking some knitting / crochet classes, and have been knitting and crocheting. Will be posting pics of FOs very soon. Just need to take some pictures.

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I love it.. beautiful colors and the design really stands out. MM

8:55 AM  
Blogger hakucho said...

So very pretty! I would never have thought to block a dishcloth...great results.

Happy knitting :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Great cloth. I can see why you had to sorta-block it. It really shows off the pattern though!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home